Monday, June 13, 2005

I'm Such a SLO-B!

That's a confession. I'm truly a SLO-w B-logger. Blogging is a new found hobby since last December, another addiction that me and fellow YM kaki (that famous journalist lahh) got into at the same time. Together we accidently deleted our links, messed up our blogs, and changed our templates a hundred times. Finally we've settled down. She has to lah, with the number of traffic at her blog. Now so canggih her blog, got referring page thing at the bottom! Since then, she has converted many other online friends to blog as well. I trust her sales abilities, she is the sort of person who can sell ice to an eskimo lah, no kidding. (she was actually responsible for making the malay community overseas salivate and running all over town looking for a certain laksa paste!)

Me, I'm still looking for a direction for my online scribblings. So far, I can't say that I enjoyed all what I have here, because, going too far back in time is painful, and sometimes, pointless. But neways, not going to dwell into that, because I've made some changes to the 'image' of this blog, and that has affected my writing mood - in a positive way! Well, some linguist and Badan2 bahasa will disagree, because I intend to use as much 'lah' here as it gonna takes, because, eh, you're not paying subscription what!

But, but, I really must apologize to nice bloggers who have linked and visited my blog periodically even when there was nothing new. And when there are, I know who are the ones who will leave their comments so faithfully. Sincerely, I'm very touched. Alah, so nice these people...(later on must remember to hop on their blog pulak!) What's so difficult about visiting 20 blogs a day? Aiyooo, only Tuhan je tau. I have to sacrifice my sleep after subuh to be able to write this. In the day, is so lah dificult trying to be superwoman. And in the evening, I hope that habibi will take over the babysitting, but no, he needs to use the PC for his own work. Dah beg for laptop dah, macam si Kak Ely tu, we got a new pc instead, but he dismantled the old one we have polak! Dia kata, tu ofis bagi, tak sedap nak guna for personal use. Laptop ofis pun ada. Baik sangat kompeni jerman nih. Kenalah explain why I'm such a SLO-B, kalau tak orang ingat I ni ada celebrity 'attitude' kan? (Ahakss..konon)To prove my sincerity to the blogging world (macam lah banyak sangat kan?), I have shoo-ed my husband to the gym twice a week on the pretext that he (badly) needs it.

I memang tak pandai bermain kata..chewah, but I must say thanks to those who let me grace their blogs with the new banners. Kak Teh, Ely, Nazrah, Atenah, ...hai these people kan, when you do something nice for them, they do even NICER stuff for you and write abt you in their blogs. So this is never ending. So, from an old proverb, I learnt, if you cannot beat them, join them. Itulah ceritanya di pagi buta ini. Must let you all know though, that it's really my pleasure anyway because I could use those banners as 'job refereces'di satu masa nanti..siapalah tau..

For those requests from d'arkampo, massylassy and Uja (for Uja - ooo kau nak banner baru ko carik aku ye!), inshaallah, I will help you out there, selagi stok masih ada! Kak teh dah complain sebab banyak kerja dia sekarang pasai kena tolong tampal banner di merata siber. I'm sorry guys, kak teh tak turunkan ilmu tampal banner ni kat I. Tak dapek nak menolong...

From now on, I'll try to live up to my name 'MakNenek' and will be as nosy as possible at your homeblogs, and as kepo and honest as possible in mine, and that includes replying to every comments posted! Thanks to Maknenek Jr. who have grown up a little bit and have inherited her fair bit of 'Maknenekness', thus have inspired the new (or 'old) Maknenek!

Welcome back.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back indeed :)

p.s. Do you still remember me? hehehe

AuntyN said...

SLO-B pun tak pe asal ada. Ni yang malas ni orang asyik dok tanya bila nak update? Susah hati jadi nya tu..
Aunty ni letak komen ada udang di sebalik batu ni tau, heheheh

Ruby M. said...

ck! aiseybedah..of course lah i ingat u. in fact, was wondering where have u been!!!

auntyn : tuler, kengkadang takde cerita betul! i faham maksud disebalik komenmu..hehe..akan ku aturkan dengan segera, inshaallah. ada permintaan khas tak sebelum tugas dijalankan?

AuntyN said...

Firasat maknenek lah katakan no, hehehe. Ini e-mailnya OK, norm5426@yahoo.com.

Give me a special day for me to make a special dedication for you, bday ke, annivessary ke, boleh try tulis another poem ke, puisi ke for you. Tak lah nak challange orang yang pandai2 tu sekadar suka2 je tu.
Thanks a million.

Kak Teh said...

hehe maknenek, sejak you dengan buisness banner ni, I pun banyak contract ke sana sini. macam subcontractor lah, kan? nak bagi kat sapa lagi kalau tak bagi kat kroni?
about my sales pitch tu...Alhamdulillah, satu hari akan keluarlah dalam blog. I had Malays around the world leaving a trail of droool in serach for Thai Sing Laksa Paste...aha...that was so much fun! But we really have fun people to work with. Like I have said to Nazrah, let us turn blogging into something positive...let us help each other, the way we are doing now. I AM ALL FOR POSITIVE BLOGGING. What do you say? sapa sokong angkat tangan!!!

Uja said...

woi kau cakap Welcome Back dengan siapa? dengan diri sendiri eh?
*hehe dont I just irritate you?*

oklah oklah, welcome back! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wahhh, laku sungguh biznes banner Maknenek ye! Tak nak buat a proper biznes ke? :)

Si bedah ni ada, cuma sibuk je, no time to go YM/online. Hope you, hubby and Salma are well.

atenah said...

macam goreng pisang panas u he he he

Anonymous said...

Angkat tangannnn....kak teh.

high..

I nak order banner yang ada gambar-gambar cerita dongeng satu.

kicap lebih ye..

Teh o ais satu.

Ely said...

eh, nama gue terkeluar plak kat blog nih! wahhh, good for my blog traffic hahaha.

alah maknenek, we've been friends for not too long but enough to say that we always stand together and look out for each other even from thousands of miles away kan?

memang, if not for kak teh, i wont be such a addicted blogger. and let me tell u, kak teh did a great job for me. since i love to write, this vents my bottled up literary talent (cewah!!!).

i met new friends and most of us here r so funny, makes me smile and laugh all the time.

so maknenek, u have done a good job with the banner, slob or not slob, u know what we all love u!!!

tell habibi, Ely says that having a laptop will unslob u hhehee

AuntyN said...

MakNenek tumpang lalu. Kak teh saya angkat tangan 2 belah ni. ALL for Postitive Blogging..

Ruby M. said...

kt : angkat tangan TINGGI sekali!!

uja : tak mo cakap ngan ko lah.. suka kacau aku. i tink ah, u class bully u know! haha

ck:we are fine, how are u and yasmine!

ktenah : memang panas!!! sub contractor sampai kena sub-out the business kengkadang!

darkampo : dah siap! bagi email please

ely: i lap u too lah!!

auntyn : dah siap jugak! check email auntyn

Nazrah Leopolis said...

angkat tangan jugak!

best nya ada update. rajin2 le memblog ye mak nenek?

Ruby M. said...

inshaallah nazrah. tau tau je lah, with anak kecik ..how to blog so often. i will remain forever, a SLO-B. u have a good trip!