Next week I will be alone again, plenty of time to blog-hop-talk... what have you in the internet world. For another 6 days, Habibi is going off again, leaving me and Binti to chit chat with one another. I wonder how much do we actually understand of each other after 1 year (almost 14 month now). Nothing she says could make sense to me, but what she lacked in verbal skills, she made it up in a rapid physical energy of movements and high strung vocal chords. Oh, to tell the truth, we are having a great time together nowadays. She came in a perfect time, couldn't be any better. I can hardly remember the times when she wasn't here! There are no good times without Salma. Now that she's here, she brings the word 'joy' to another level we never would have knowned. It's easy to be touched with anything she does. When puts on the hejab, when she did sujud on her prayer mat but hit her forehead on the floor instead because she can't control her body weight, when she make dua' at my cue and then wipe her face with her palms sometimes even before the dua' ended. On one hand, she is very grown up in her up and about ways, yet she still comes to my lap, wriggling her body like the child I just gave birth to, for her regular nutritional refreshments, and then, she walk off to something else worthy of her attention, nothank-you-maam, no look-back-in appreciation. Nothing. And I thought we were bonding!!!
Summer is now here. A weather me and her father is used to back home, either in the hot sahara dessert or that island near the equator. It's a different summer, maybe even hotter, but definitely too much longer. BBQ pits, tents, hammocks are slowly creeping out from our basement and found its ways to our little patch behind the apartment. A new 100cm swimming pool and a similar size sandpit is the latest addition. This will be Salma's fresh memories of summer, a fake beach, but nevertheless, enjoyable enough to take her mind of eating papers for at least a few hours.
Na ja, such if life in a faraway land. A little money can buy you a fake beach, but what wouldn't we give up for some friendly lauk-exchanging neighbours, nosy-relatives with the latest kad jemputan and friendships. Recently, I told habibi in his ears that he is my best friend, he returned it with another whisper , 'You're my only friend..' hmm makes sense...
A SUMMER TREAT

Here is a little summer BBQ treat for my blogspot kawan2... hehe.. I forgot what its called in Italian, but..I call it 'Garden on Ciabatta'..bedal je lah kan..
First, Prepare 'Garden Mix' in advance and chill for about 1 hr.
Tomatoes (diced)
Basil (chopped)
Black Olives (whole or sliced)
2 cloves of garlic (whole)
Salt to taste &
Cracked Black pepper
Olive Oil (drizzle)
Throw everything in one tupperware and leave it in the fridge. Meanwhile, cut ciabatta bread into halves, rub a clove of garlic on the opened half, and grill on the Pit. Once crisp on both sides, remove, put on plate and pour over the 'garden mix' on top of the bread and serve HOT with any of your BBQ grilled stuffs.
Enjoy!

21 comments:
What you have described seems like eons ago for me and the girls. They are so big now, I hate to think that I'mm loosing them. But, it bring back sweet memories. So keep on blogging about it so that oneday you will reminesce in the stories.
You are lucky to have such a good "friend" in your habibi.
auntyn : tulah dia. habibi keep reminding me one day she'll be married and will leave us! hehe. alhamdulillah for everything. Binti has her own website, i just cannot miss a thing when it comes to her! hehe
zaireen : sweet pun ye..buat baik pun ye kan!!!?? ;)
cewah, bukan main tersusun lagi that bbq stick. job well done!
maknenek, can i have ur permission to copy and paste it to my recipe blog? i baru start itu recipe blog for us all. ok tak?
let me know!
wowee an update! a delicious one too. so, when r u going online? anwar is burning the midnite oil at the office these days. we chat soon aah?
Assalamualaikum, tumpang singgah sebentar. Nak tanya, boleh ke ajar nak buat banner? Or can I get a sample?
Terima kasih, saya dahulu kan.
ahahhh sini rupanya the creative banner source ni. And look ate her banner..a classic one. I like I like. the whole layout I like.
anak-anak memang the sweetest memory yang kita ada (for me la..), tambah plak kita yang mengandung dan melahirkan dia..
err..dlm plate tuh, kebab kan? (kebab arab's style, I guess)
that is so romantic.. the whispering between you and your habibi.. :-)
alah, dah taip panjang2, click publish dia tak lekat pulak,,,,
sedapnye nampak ....
A nice heart warming piece, MN :) I read your entry and I angguk2 kepala setuju hehe (you with Salma, me with Y...)
I am busy with MIL at the mo - haven't been blogging nor read blogs, no time to be online, all the time I have, will be spent chitchatting with MIL and whipping up something the kitchen! :)
Happy summer-ing! :)
kak ely : eh, mestilah..presentation is very important. before the girl came, kitaorang makan macam fine dining berdua kat rumah..hahah.. and yah..go ahead and use this on ur recipe blog.i'll be honoured!
nazrah : sure we must hang out soon! you see kat kanan tuu..i got loads of work nih..hhehe.. jap lagi timbul!
dade_ghost : email saya boleh?
lollies : hey thanks for dropping by. ur previous banner was cool too..very funky!
e : apa lagi..jom makan!
orenmanis : hah tu lah..anak ni special lah.. hehe.. oh btw, tu kebab lah.. a mix of shish tahook (chicken fillets) and kofta (meat balls) alternated with colourful paprikas, tomatoes and olives!
ladyjade : hehe.thanks.. sometimes i thought we lost it!
imzadle : alhamdulillah, im so lucky to be able to experience this :)
ood : type lagi!!
delinn : jemput makan, bismillah..
ck : ooo patut lama menghilang! sibuk masak memasak ye! im still thinking about ur nasi dagang... can make for me when im in sg!!??? hehe..i bawak nazrah so i tak segan!
massylassy : she is more than a handful!!! im truly exhausted 24-7! bak lagu whitney..to taste the sweet, i faced the pain...
i truly understand how you feel with your binti. and how you can't imagine how life would be like or WAS like before her! Its very fulfilling isn't it? Just cherish these precious moments now, while they're still with us!
and how sweet yr habibi and you r. And how yumm that bbq stick looks too!
my previous banner? yang mana tu?
Boleh email you, tapi I tak tau email you. Email I dade_ghost@yahoo.com .
Pertolongan anda didahului ribuan terima kasih...
anedra : thinking of having more! but boleh ke handle? tak tau laaahh
lollies :eh, it wasnt u ke? the one with the big lolly pop font? maybe salah orang.. :)
dade_ghost : ok. me waiting for u lah. anytime, just email k.
Yummy, macam kebab kat secret recipe :)
mak nenek, me when blogging, main redah jer, tak de pk literary skills
soon u and your daughter can be best friends too...;) and that picture looks so yummy...nasib baik tak ter'lick de screen...haha.
Perhaps that's my modblog
dear aunt..i know that i'm tooooooo late, still wanting ur help...errrr..that banner membanner thing available lagik tak..hehehehheheheh...*shy2 cat*
Post a Comment