Itu flight amatlah bersejarah pada diri MakNenek. It was not my first time flying. But what happened in that flight, is enough to keep me awake for other flights to come! hehe
Lufthansa was never my favourite airline. Nama jer European carrier, tapi standard tak baguih. First time I flew Lufthansa to India, the toilet was leaking and there was something wrong with the aircon. On top of that, the service crew were pretty unfriendly. On my flight to Egypt, they gave us a seat somewhere at the back with no baby bassinet, and later changed us but made it seemed like its our fault. I also remembered specificaly asking for HALAL food, but they claimed they didn't get the request, and worst, did not have anything else for us onboard. Singapore Airlines would MAKE something on the flight if that happens! Takkan lah roti pun tak boleh offer? In the end, the grumpy crew got us vegetarian meals (itupun, kita kasi suggestion! Duh!). Dah tu, toys untuk toddlers pun dorang mengira sangat. Satu cukup, tak boleh kasi lain lagi. I mean, what would my 1 year old do with a rattle!!! I really hated that flight. Lepah tu, I watch lah television with my head sets on, the crew came and I didn't realise she was talking to me...and you know what she said? "If you take that off, you can hear me better!". Is that rude or what? Geramnya!!! Malaysian Airlines is my favourite! The crew gave me Milo Ice that they made for themselves selepas buka puasa the last trip I made to Singapore. So nice.
But but, on the way back from our recent Egypt trip, it was 360degrees change for Lufthansa. They crews were friendly, efficient and very polite. (I have a feeling dorang takut kena hijack by the Egyptian/Arab passengers! ahaks!) The food was there, the baby chair was there. We were so comfortable, it was unbelievable. I slept comfortably during the flight. Then something happened. Salma woke up and cried for me, and that woke me up. But suddenly I couldn't open my eyes. There was a sharp pain in my left eye and I was terrified! Fortunately, (this is too much of a coincidence) there was a Doctor travelling inside the plane and he was on the window seat to my left. He jumped off his seat and offered help and tried to calm me down. I was almost hysterical (but tak lah terpekik-pekik or what) that I couldn't see and the pain was excrutiating. The crew standby to help, and gave me water and assisted the Doctor with their onboard medical equiptments. He wanted to give me aspirin, but luckily, I could ask what it was before I swallowed it down, as I am totally allergic to it. He then ushered the crew to make an announcement on the PA system for Tylenol. And again, Alhamdulillah, miracle betul, a few rows behind me, there was a lady with tylenol, and it was given to me. I felt better after half an hour but felt the throbbing behind my left eye.
Later on at the airport, I was Buggy-ed to the medical centre at the airport for further check ups (we were on 2 hrs transit in Frankfurt Airport) as soon as we arrived. (Special treatment habih...). After the check up, and some other pills, I was then brought to a lounge for passengers with special needs (handicaps, young travellers, etc) until its time to board our flight again. At the lounge, I google-d for an explanation for the pain I just had. Apparently, it was a Retinal migraine attack : which means, temporary, partial or complete loss of vision in one eye, along with a dull ache behind the eye that may spread to the rest of the head. I'm used to migraines since I was young, but never on an eye! That was really traumatic.
Next trip, takut lah nak tidok!
Love in the tropics: She was just 17, and I fell in love with her!
-
“Well, she was just 17 and you know what I mean, and the way she looks…”so
goes the song by the Fab Four from Liverpool. It was the sixties, The
Beatles ...
9 years ago

21 comments:
aiyah maknenek, full of drama. mcm cerita hindustan seh, siap ngan dr, tylenol and wheelchair lagi hehehe.
my flight back to singapore was not good. Northwest, more like Northworst! boleh sakit dada beb!
benda-benda migraine ni memang le menakutkan kan?
we'd never know when the next one's gonna hit, and how bad. there are more than 150 types of migraine pulak tu.
laaa, what the happened maknenek? u know, when you have flu or blocked nose, landing and taking off can be a nightmare because of the prssure. I daj pernah kena...macam nak pecah kepala dibuatnya. And it was so scary the first time it happened. So, after that I made sure bawa sweets that i can suck during the flight. can you imagine if it happens to young ones, babies.
have a better flight on yr next trip maknenek.
Lufthansa's crew memang tak frendly. Pernah naik sekali en-route to Italy via Singapore and Frankurt,business class macam economy class saja tu. Crew tak pernah senyum pun. Nasib baik dapat halal food tu.
Takut dengar migraine attack tu. Lain kali travel jauh kena siap ubat2 no, nampaknya.
haaaaha..kecoh sey..-erdyanna-
nef : welcome back! nice to see u online again. btw, i got zafaron, didnt know there are so many types! ada murah macam kacang, ada mahal macam emas! and yup, im VERY sure they are like that to me because im muslim, they treat like 2nd class citizens gitu. the sad part is, most muslims in germany, are...
ely : biasalah maknenek what. kalau tak drama, how lah? but the funny part was when dah sampai, i dah tak sakit sangat, but all pax were looking at that 'famous' one-eyed patient..so kena lah pretend sakit..hehhe
nazrah : memang menakutkan. never experienced it, it didnt occur to me it was migraine when it happens! there was turbulence just before i woke up, that coould have caused it.
kak teh : tu lah.. action drama pack series! ahh i takut sekarang, salma usually i let her suck during taking off and landing, she seems ok so far, a good traveller she is
auntyn : germans are cold by nature lah.. tinggai sini pun rasa terasing jugaa.
erdyanna : ko ketawakan aku eh!
First time masuk sini..dah selalu nampak nama tu...ingatkan seangkatan dengan Auntie...ropanya muda sesangat lagi maknenek nih!........nampaknya kena datang selalu nih....
jemput datang autieyan, jangan malu-malu, buat macam blog sendiri yek? ;)
Maknenek : Thanks for the bloghead tu Kak Teh dah letak dah tu. Bila senang mai lah tengok na.
I had my first migraine attack on Monday. It hurt so bad, none of the painkillers I was given helped! Can't imagine how it feels to have it on yr eye!
Never had experience travelling on Lufthansa, but British Airways is just as bad. They groan and make faces at you when you ask for anything. And when they serve you, they practically throw you the trays! ANd my male-friends always add this - "Dahlah muka tak lawa!"
Yup, MAS and SIA anytime!! Better looking too!
migraine boleh become that bad? I experienced bad migraine sampai muntah2 but not to the extend yang u cerita ni..... horrornya....
thanks for the banner, I dah pasang dah, pasang sendiri jer. I nak lagi, nak 10 keping, boleh tak :-)
auntyn: wah berseri rumah you!
anedra : tu lah..i think the west are too proud to SERVE people. asians plak.. hmmm..melampau service dia kalau orang putih!
shidah: ah tu lah..never thought it could be that bad. i think the turbulence just before i opened my eyes could be the reason
joe: its my pleasure!! ko nak 10 tampal kat mana plak nih?
hello maknenek,
memang bisnes sakan yek sampai siap ada banner promote ur services. very pro and canggih lah.
FYI, AuntieYan datang sini tu pasal dia nak banner jugak tuh, dia malu nak cakap tuh, tapi faham2 jer lah. Buatkanlah dia satu, tapi jangan buat lawa2 sangat :-)
maknenek, dah email u dah. thank you!
ewok : kenalah advertise sementara panas mengalahkan pisang goreng nih! gi check email
joe : hehe..dah aku add auntie yan dalam waiting list ..
i always preferred MAS, masuk kabin je rasa cam dah sampai Msia. Siap dgn bau foodnya. But MAS is more expensive than other airlines...
ini surat sokongan utk permononan banner Puan Auntie Yan, sila berikan kerjasama. Di atas pertolongan anda kami ucapkan jutaan terimakasih.
atenah : betoi. baik bebudak mas. time i pregnant, dorang tukarkan tempat, dok ajak sembang lagi mana tempat makan di europe :)
re auntie yan, dah siap pun, depa tak reply lagi nuuuhh
selalu singgah baca je..
tapi kali ni menarik nak interrupt sket..
sblm balik ptg semalam.. baca blog Maknenek(link dr CSMK).mlm tonton John Doe.. tingat citer maknenek..mcm drama pula..
Migraine kat mata?? Wah... hope I don't get that...!
Anyways, yes, I don't have to be a Malaysian to LOVE MALAYSIAN AIRLINES!!! Top!! The best!!
Post a Comment