Saturday, March 24, 2007

Speaking of illnesses

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketI wonder why I had become so weak. Actually its no wonder that my children don't get much immunity from me because I am in need of them myself. Almost every week or every other week, I'm down with some kind of sickness. Usually the early morning sinus will escalate into a cold, if I'm unlucky a fever, along with inflamation in the tonsils. Then I'll be down for a few days, with partial hearing, partial senses altogether actually. Food will not have taste and my mood is not at its best surely.

Today I'm suffering from something else. It was due to the smoke from my very hot pan from my negligience. The smoke filled the whole kitchen and I should have known better than to throw those 2 sticks of hotdog while the pan is that hot. I switched the fire off, but I must have inhaled what a heavy smoker might have smoked in a week. Now I can hardly breathe. I'm suffering from chest pains, difficulty in breathing and constant leaking due to excessive coughing; an old souvenier from child-bearing.

In Egypt, I was either having migraines or diarhhea or fever. Once in an airplane, I thought I almost lost my sight. There was also a terrifying near-death experience years ago, when I felt my air passage blocked and I couldn't breathe at all. I thought I was gonna die. At the hospital, the x-rays showed nothing, but as soon as I came out of the doctor's room, it attacked me again. Nurses put me down on a wheelchair. And soon, I could breathe again. But never had the chance to find out why. I am living with a breast lump for as long as I can remember. Gynae says its nothing, but I have not had time to make an appointment for a mamogram. There are also permanent scars from the skin allergy that broke out during the 1st pregnancy. In my childhood, I had broken an arm and a leg on 2 separate accidents - the leg is visibly crooked.

I consider myself healthy, or at least, I consume healthy food. I dislike oily food and would subsitute olive oil for oil when I can. I don't drink sweet drinks, only juice even then, diluted with water. I eat fruits and yogurt. So, I don't know why I became like this. But if those sicknesses are God's way of deducting my previous and current bad records, then I shall accept it. Alhamdulillah. It's better to suffer here than later...if you know what I mean.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam Ruby, mungkin your body needs iron. Ini pendapat tabib tanpa tauliah ..hehe!! Cuba lah buat appointment dengan doktor and get him to suggest appropriate vitamin supplements. Meanwhile, get as much rest as possible.

Eddie Putera said...

Try makan maajun and ubatan herba...

Adiejin

Ruby M. said...

salam kak maz,
baru semalam gi organic shop and i got myself vit. c tablets. tak jumpa lak iron! nanti nak carik multi vitamin yang include it too :) thanks for your nasihat puan doktor yang tak bertauliah..hehe

djinsakti,
tak sedapnya maajun! i know coz my grandma makes them...she is tukang urut, still is now at the age of 86. dia banyak kasi jamu2 selepas bersalin, but i dont know why malas nak makan..ishh..i should get back to it huh?

k.d said...

Maknenek

Hehehe...you sounded like a battered soldier. Emm..healthy food is a good start...but like klmuk suggested maybe you need vitamin supplements like centrum.

But I would suggest a full check-up just to rule out others.

Mdm Noris said...

Hi Ruby, its been some time. Hope you're well.. expect for those u wrote about ni. Considering you're strong tau, previously broken arm & leg! Terror kau..

Take care you.

Anonymous said...

dear you need more rest & of course supplements! guess i shud be taking it too now .. haha

Ruby M. said...

k.d : hi ..itupun doctor dah sampai :=) itulah, must be the boredom of being couped up in these walls with 2 very active kids! centrum? will take note of that the next time i head down the pharmacy.i just got hold of vit. c tablets..

noreez : hai itulah..kaki patah kena langgar dengan motor..tangan patah, pasal jatuh dekat playground... hehe.. ada lagi list .. tapi takpelah..alhamdulillah..muahaha..

aurora : hi aurora.. ill have to read up more abt this supplements.. nak jugak get healthier eh.. my jamu nenek kasi pun tak habis lagi..kalau dia tau..mesti dia bising :D

silversarina said...

salam from jordan.....

I hope you dah bertambah okay now.... eat a lot of soup..arab ada pelbagai soup untuk kesihatan.

take care !!

Ruby M. said...

thanks akak for dropping by. iv browsed your site, lovely stories you have there. my MIL kalau sakit apa2, dia akan recommened Air limau kasturi je.. sakit perut pun itu, sakit kepala pun itu, sakit kaki pun itu! hahaha,,,