Friday, March 31, 2006

Somebody stop me!!!

I really dunno what telah happen. It seems that everybody around me is either eating or cooking or blogging about food. Friends here also complain the same, they've been eating non-stop, especially the much-missed Asian food.

Last weekend I actually whipped up Hyderabadi Mutton Briyani Dum! Was I complaining of backache from standing too long? That didn't seem to stop me as I prepare Vegetable Sambhar, Fried Black Pepper Popedum and Cucumber Raitha. Too much food for 2 and a toddler, so I made habibi call his kakis and we all enjoyed the Indian cuisine that evening. 8pm was a little bit late for dinner, but it was last minute and it was rezeki and baraqah from Allah. Alhamdulillah, it was more than enough for all the 5 of us.

Then I found my favourite Kuay Teow Noodle (dried) at the Asian Shop!!! Alamak, bahagia tak terkata. I browsed the Internet quickly for the recipe to Beef Hor Fun, and made Habibi make a trip to the grocery store to get Corn Flour on his way home for lunch. He was in a hurry and needed to go back to work urgently, but after tasting the delicious, freshly made Cai Xin-carrots-mushrooms-tauge-loaded Chinese-style Beef Noodle, he just couldn't stop! I'm really excited because that means I could make this recipe regularly, since its so simple! But I playcheat lah, I didn't even give him the Kuay Teow! I made his with Fettucine instead! Muahahaha. Alah, not that he appreciates Kuay Teow like I do, buang current je. In the evening, I gave him the same thing whilst I made my K.L style Kuay Teow Goreng that I used to have at Batu Caves, where my mom used to live. OOOooh Heaven on earth lah. One of those instances where I'm sure, mak mertua lalu pong tak sedar nuuuhhhh!

Yesterday, I gave Habibi a break from my Asian-fascination since he was also fasting. I promised him I will make him Arabic/Mediterranean dishes on his fasting days. So I made

Image hosting by Photobucket

Turkish Bulgur Pilaf (kinda like rice), Shish Taouk (Grilled garlic chicken), Kofta kebab

Image hosting by Photobucket

(Minced meat Kofta) and my very own invention of Aubergines baked in Tomate Sauce, which I call, Shortcut Moussaka.

Luckily I was watching closely when my turkish friend, Tugca was here and prepared the Bulgur Pilaf and Kebab. Must record the recipe online someday, before the scribblings I made in my notebook with my felt pen dissappears! We still have plenty of leftovers from yesterday's dinner for Habibi and Binti, but I was already craving for Assam Pedas Ikan Sembilang with Bendi and needed to do something with the Kangkung I bought 2 days ago. Image hosting by Photobucket
Also got some leftover firm tofu from the Lontong I made last Saturday (did I mention that?), so perhaps can make tahu telor later kalau rajin. Crazy or not?

Too bad my camera is cranky these days, so I cannot take all of the pictures of the food that I've been stuffing my face in recently. But, not to worry, I'm sure I will be whipping them soon again! Muahaha...

Oh somebody ...stop me!!!! or ermm..Join me laahh

20 comments:

Nazrah Leopolis said...

mommie jaga2 sikit...awak tu tunggu hari, asyik ke dapur saja tu...

but they really look good...assam pedas in germany is priceless no?

Mrs Mum said...

Wah, now you're making me jelesss eh...kau pun, isnt it too late to be craving?

Air liuh dah meleleh dah...

Mrs Mum said...

Ruby, that hyderabi mutton beriyani dum looks so cheem to make based on my standards, so usually I just use Shan Beriyani packets, lagi shortcut.

Em said...

Ola

So yummy nak sikit.Post to me please.

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

oi rubee,

ko memang saja nak torture aku la tu!

-tgh diet-

Anonymous said...

wahh .. your shortcut moussaka nampak super duper delicious. must kecek for recipe :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Mak Nenek

Your shortcut moussaka looks extremely delicious lah! Boleh bagi I recipe? I serious ni, I would like to try it. My email address is: hariaty.abuhassan@vuw.ac.nz

Wassalam
Yatie

CestmoiCK said...

Ya Allah, sungguh hebat sekali awak Rubes!!! Tabik spring kat awak!!! Nanti balik SG (bebila) ada orang tu kena buat cooking demo, hehe.

*yang jeles tak terkira*

elle said...

terasa lapar le pulak bila tgk gambar2 nih..;p

Ruby M. said...

amboi..banyak tetamu kita hari ni..meh lah masuk, makan lah.. hehe..

nazrah : jangan kata lah..kalau kat sg, lauk semalam tak pandang.. kat sini assam pedas 4 hari pun aku telan!

afzalmom : itu shan's biryani is for the curry sauce too or just for the rice?

em/iskandar : jemputlah makan..

klmuk/yatie : will post recipe soon, i promise. masalahnya, masak campak2 ni, takut tak jadi plak kalau kasi recipe tak accurate! but i will post anyway and you let me know the results ok?

ck : sure, nanti kitaorang organise class masak2 nak???? hehehe

kunci hilang said...

join makan boleh aje. :)

Arena said...

Sis,
sedapnya semua.. nanti tulis the recipe.. especialy the moussaka.. sakan memasak. dah dekat2 nak due ya..

take care..

Mrs Mum said...

They have two types of packets. The big one comes with the basmati rice while the small packet just the rempah beriyani. Tapi bolehlah to my standard. Why don't you add all the recipes in your multiply site. I mean ALL...ehem. Siapa tahu senang2 takde idea nak masak, masuk yr site...hehe

Ely said...

aiyooooooooooo sedap giler betul tgk benda tuh suma! but i am quite fortunate as there r tonnes of medirrenean and indian places around. BUT, if i rindu meesiam, i would have to cook it myself. the restaurants cannot beat my cooking hehehe.

keep cooking cik kak, keep cooking!

Anonymous said...

Dari gambar2 tu je i dah tau mesti semaunya sedap2 belaka.........Pandai u masak masakkan mediteranean tu eh.

atenah said...

baca pun dah letih. kalau i join makan sure tersandar kat tiang seri rumah punya...

kaezrin said...

adoi..rajin nyer..iu like ur mediterranean dish tuh..sila bagi recipe ok

SimplyMas said...

Ruby nih pun! Boleh jugak makan sambal-sambal ni eh walaupun time dah nak dekat! Hee hee! boleh tak kita join sekali? Nanti kalau kita pergi Germany tuh bolehlah rasa masakan istimewa Chef Ruby? Boleh kan, kan, kan???

maklang said...

Takutnya tengok makanan sodap2 nih... Menggoda...

Anonymous said...

Ai yo..Ruby.. U can making craving for some turkish food leh!!! *stomach growling*