Ok, here we go. The official 9th month of pregnancy, 3rd trimester, labour almost due.. unfortunately, unpredictably anytime from now. Scared? Nervous? Excited? Anxious? But can't turn back the clock, there is only ONE road to go, and that is to the delivery room. It doesn't help that my must-have-chocolates-phase-everyday-in-whatever-form has just started. There is also the can't-eat-anything-but malay food-phase going on since returning from Egypt. What is a girl to do? (Girl konon --- dah jadi mak budak pun!)
Invite friends over for an asian meal of Lemak Nenas Ikan Sepat Cili Api and Sambal Tumis Petai Udang (got Petai in Germany, Donch pray pray!), with condiments of keropok udang, sambal belachan, cucur and serunding lah - which was flown in 2 weeks ago by my beloved Mak. Wished I had them phtographed, but these days digicam is not working properly due to the 'gentle treatment' it gets from Binti. But alah, I'm not the best cook in the world, but alhamdulillah, everything turned out 'boleh-tahan' for a kampung food novice. It has been a never-ending feast of Authentic home-cooked Asian food for me, listing from Laksa, Mutton Curry, Mee Goreng, Sambal Tumis Sardin, Epok2, and boy, can't remember what else. Poor Habibi and Binti lah because on days like those, they will only get something simple I can whip up quickly, usually soup dishes, since they can't join me and my chillied companies. And that's not all, after being here awhile, some of that cup-of-tea-piece-of-cake European culture has also rubbed on me greatly. We have guests over weekends pretty often and usually its an invitation for dinner or cakes! Alamak, never liked baking before but today, can proudly say that I've conquered the Pecan Nuts Brownie, Cheesecake, Carrot Cake, Apple Pudding Cake and this afternoon, have attempted to make Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies. Yesterday, I finally bought a muffin baking tray which was going on half-price and am patiently waiting for the best berries season before I start whipping the aromatic dough. Aiyoh, a whole paragraph on food, not very like me to talk about food non-stop. This is bad. Very bad. Doesn't help that I'll have quite a baggage to get rid of after delivery!!! (Inshallah)
Ohh, is there a link between Anxiety and food that I read somewhere before? Perhaps. I hope the tiny one inside is doing well with cili padis and sweetened chocolates...erm.
So When? How? What? Who? And all those questions expectant mothers have inside their heads just before THE day. Natural or not? Painkillers or not? Baby's head in the right position or not? Why doppler tests not as frequent as the first pregnancy? In fact, even gynae visits are only once a month, not in every 2 weeks at the end of pregnany, like last time, why? How to breathe during contractions? I can hardly remember how, must call the Hebamme (midwife) for some last minute breathing classes. Back aching like crazy, also not like the first pregnancy. Just being in any position for more than 10 minutes is terribly uncomfortable. Heavier, clumsier, more forgetful are just a few things that comes with it.
Already bought 2 sets new baby boy's clothes- that was fun and took the stress out of delivery anxiety quite a bit. Looking at the very cute little blue-stripped shirt with a tiny brown woolen knitted vest over it, is very refreshing after lots of Binti's pinks and flowers.
Been praying everyday for a safe delivery for both 'Adik' and me. Pray for me too friends, :) cos, though I'm a big girl now, I'm still quite scared...
Love in the tropics: She was just 17, and I fell in love with her!
-
“Well, she was just 17 and you know what I mean, and the way she looks…”so
goes the song by the Fab Four from Liverpool. It was the sixties, The
Beatles ...
9 years ago

16 comments:
i've been here 1 week now and have yet to makan masak kicap or anything goreng. stress :))
Assalamualaikum..
My name is Yatie (from Malaysia but living in New Zealand now), would like to say Hi. I have been reading your blog for quite a while now and inshaAllah you will have smooth and easy delivery, ameen. I too have a son (2.5 yrs old alhamdulillah) and have been training my Kiwi husband and son to eat Malay food everyday ;)
Yatie
Salam Ruby
I am just as anxious as you about your delivery, but I pray that everything will go well for you and for the coming lil one. As for me, no need to think, epidural please!!! Me no supermom.
Insyallah sis, u'll be alright. I like the new look of the blog. Take care sis
You anxious, we all are anxious too... Now breathe, breathe... Take a deep breath... Okay, all calm now? We will pray for your safe delivery and can't wait to see 'Adik'!!!! :D Take it easy on the chillies girl!
Our prayers are with you, dear!! May you have a breeze of a delivery, Insha'Allah!! LOVE the bright new look on the blog!! Looks like you and me have ditched the gorgeous-but-often-depressed-inducing black for our blog template!! :)
Mak Nenek! You be cool on THE day ok? Glad I got mine over and done with. And is it a boy???
Insya Allah all will be ok.
Love, O
Sista...you'll do well, insya'allah. I just know you WILL!
So nice to have a Bin after the Binti ! Hope he has cute curls like his sister too!
Doas for you, girl!
dear mak nenek, praying you gonna have a smooth and easy delivery. ameen
is it a boy this time? bestnyaaa dapat sepasang!! good luck ya!
Hi Ruby
Got your email, nanti I balas panjang-panjang eh? (tunggu weekend la tu).
InsyaAllah all will be well for you and baby boy when the day comes.
Oh, lupa nak tanya you masa kita jumpa dulu - have you been looking at all the cute baby photos (Anne Geddes' collections comes to mind) during your pregnancy? Orang kata kalu tenung lama-lama, doa banyak-banyak, insyaAllah, keluar baby comeyyy lote, hehe.
Anyway, I ni kaki makan cili (during pregnancy pun tak stop or slow down) but Y langsung tak suka spicy stuff :( Ikut daddy dia lak...
You take care. All the best! Can't wait!!!
Hugs
2nd pregnancy is always more of nervousness than excitement.
to me, when i my 2nd baby was due, i was more like 'aiyoh, aku nih takder kerja cari kerja'...then get nervous about the pain...cos we'd been there done that! and then u think...'boleh ker aku cope dgn dua budak nih?'.
but when the baby was born, it was like 2nd nature to me. like i said, more multi tasking.
u'll be fine my dear...u will.
Thank you everyone for your replies! Nak jawab satu2 tapi kalau duduk lama kat kerusi ni, 'adik' menendang! Just to update that I'm STILL waiting for THE day...hehe.. in case anyone is wondering where I have been :) Have a wonderful week ahead all!
Much Love,
Ruby a.k.a Maknenek
i was just telling raudha, eh ruby nak beranak dah ni...
please keep us updated.
will make du'as from here.
InsyaAllah dipermudahkan.
hehehe..ruby nasib baik ko tak ngidam daging kijang ker..payah pulak habibi nak cari..hehehe
btw saw your photos at actors studio...:)
mak nenek, I'm done with deliveries and I kinda forgot how it feels and waht to expect, but all I rememebr that it's SO worth it. InsyaAllah you and baby will be fine, my pryaers are with you.
All will be fine, Insyaallah...:)
Post a Comment