Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bismillah

Assalamualaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Aloha, and welcome to the new face of MakNenek. A whole year of blogging has brought me to this which frankly speaking I'm grateful for, as I'm threading on my journey with a whole new perspective, inshaallah.

Once a Morroccan friend told me that the world is separated into 2, those who eat rice and those who eat bread. That analogy can be shared with chillies and tomatoes too! I for one, am a freak for anything hot and spicy, and a week long break without them could be bearable, saved by tiny packets of takeaway fast food's chilli sauce tucked in my purse. Yes, I carry chilli sauce in my purse, and on longer trips, perhaps a whole bottle of it. Yet, I'm married to someone from a continent where its milder counterpart Tomatoes, raved in the kitchen and will not tolerate any of my chillifying expeditions. Though our differences did not stop at our inter-gallactic appetites, still, we're one and equal. I have come to believe that differences broadens one's mind, tests one's patience and will bring one to another level of human understanding and greater capacity to love. A song goes, To know him is to love him. Or shouldn't it be the other way around?

3 years later, a lovely daughter fills our lives with joy and happiness, and we're about to receive another bundle very soon, inshaallah. 2 years ago, I was nervous at being a mother, unsure what it's all about and was too careful to let my emotions take the better of me, yet today, I'm anxiously anticipating the arrival of yet another of Allah's gift, already embracing him with lots of love and picturing a positive future together.

Time does miracles to a person. It heals wounds. It gives hope. It promises life. Alhamdulillah, for everything that HE gives and HE takes.

I don't know what my life will look like comes March, but I'm optimistic that though every new phase maybe tough, I'll only be a stronger, better person when things settle down and I'll once again find balance in my everyday life and then life, goes on, as they always do.

Welcome back, and thanks for hanging around :)

15 comments:

mommy@lif said...

dear maknenek,
wow! new curtain eh? :P
made of chillies and tomatoes? i likee!

have a good day :)

Ruby M. said...

hi alif's mommy, jemput lah makan.. takde apa..cili ngan tomato je.. eh, buat sambal tomato sodap gak makan ngan nasi eh?

lana, i have archived them and it wont be public anymore :)thanks for visiting

k.d said...

Salam MN. Nice new look. Clean and simple. Anyway, you due March ye? Well, good luck to you and semoga selamat semuanya Insya-Allah.

Anonymous said...

It'll be a boy eh? Seronoknya, dapat sepasang :)

InsyaAllah all will be well come March. Take care! *hugs*

AuntyN said...

Welcome back and InsyaAllah you will be OK. Take care now.

atenah said...

colorful i like, nanti jgn lupa put up baby's pics ok

Arena said...

Asm
Wah, nampak ceria gitu..LIke it. My prayers are with u sis.. take care..

Anonymous said...

take care rubi..

salam from texas

Nazrah Leopolis said...

chilli and tomatoes jadi maska merah gitu ek?

welkam welkam back....

Ely said...

i terlepas bas! welcome back ruby!

u are a good mom ruby. the other one coming will make u even a better one...u get to practice ur multi tasking even more.

Mama Rock said...

maknenek! i've been a silent reader all this while. nice blog you had before and looking forward to more entries in the new space :)

Anonymous said...

Oh sukanya :) Welcome back sis

Ruby M. said...

k.d : thanks for the well wishes, how's ur baby doing? ;)

ck : i didnt realise i ter-reveal baby's gender till u said so..hehe

auntyn : thanks auntyn. nervous nih sebenarnya..but aksen berani.

atenah : inshallah will put up..if the digicam still works. elder daughter dah rosakkan!

arena : yah, i hope this will be a new more 'ceria' journey!

klmuk : samat antin bawuuu!!!!

faux diamante : hehe..thanks!

ely : thanks kak ely for encouraging words :) actually there's lots to learn, and ur one good mom too! :D

mama rock : thanks for being here, even in silence :)

mommy tia : thank u sis! i pun suka..tapi tak tau lah..kalau ter-update ke tidak..hehe

SimplyMas said...

InsyaAllah all will be well... Like they say... two becomes one...

Anonymous said...

Ruby! I can't believe you're a mommy! Always picture you as that funky and spunky gal. Then again, Alhamdulillah you're up and ready to receive another one and have come this far:)

Hope we'll meet one day...take care and I do miss everyone at Darul...