Sunday, April 03, 2005

Where Art Thou?

Dear Habibi

I missed you already. It was only just this morning you had to leave us hurriedly for your flight to Asia, and somehow, Binti must have known. She woke up earlier than usual, probably wanting to hug you for one last time before you take off for 6 days, the first time ever since she arrived.

There were a few short times that you had to fly out eversince we got married, and initially, it depresses me a little. It was difficult living in an empty house and not able to do my rituals. Binti will surely wonder why we don't have to go to the glass balcony door today in the evening to greet you like we usually do as soon as I heard you locking the garage. I wish we can talk, Binti and I.. I really wonder how she feels about you not being here today by her side and bringing her out for an afternoon walk on this lovely Spring Sunday.

Oh well, on the brighter side, there are tons to do that I may just be able to finish before Friday. Like cleaning the windows - I ran out of excuses, it is not snowing anymore, so? And I can lose a few extra pounds as I will just eat whatever since I don't have to make dinner. I also got a date tomorrow, with the ladies, have breakfast, talk, a little walk. I wonder how they do it though. Their husbands leave them very often for work, and yet, they could retain their charm, wit and great personality, not to mention, look absolutely gorgeous everytime! But it gets easier each time, and Binti really occupies my time, so I really have no time to mop around. Geez, that was a pun!

Just don't tell me what my grandma cooked for you tomorrow! And in India, do NOT go to the nice Afganistan restaurant because if you do, that would be terribly mean of you. Take care of the chilli kering and daun kunyit my grandma packed for me!

You take care my dear. We'll be fine, don't worry about us.
I love you so much. Rabbana Ma'ak, Inshaallah.

Maasalammah

8 comments:

Kak Teh said...

awww, maknenek, the first time is always the hardest. when i said goodbye to my hubby at the airport, I didn;t realise I was still crying all the way to the tube, until someone said, Cheer-up lass! And God! dot u miss the snore!

Anonymous said...

Drst MakNenek,

I spent the last two hours reading all your entries (my hubby thinks I am addicted to blogs and that I should do something about my addiction haha). I so can relate to the stuff you write about and ada one entry tu yang buat I nangis...

Oh you write so well, it's inspiring :)

Btw, re Nell - masa pergi tgk one of Actors Studio plays - for the life of me, tak ingat what play it was), Nell played a cleaner and she was sort of dusting the chairs in the theatre (before the show actually started) she saw me tgh picit kepala (baru abis ofis, tension, stress, hehe) then she came over and gave her a head massage haha, siap tanya I how was her massage, to which I said "OKlah" and she said "What, not good ah? You don't think I give good massage mehhh?" Hehehehe! How I miss going to the Actors Studio plays...sigh...

So how was the weekend without your beloved hubby? You survive kan? Just keep yourself and daughter busy, he'll be back in your arms in no time ;)

atenah said...

mawaddah warahmah, alhamdulillah. may yr habibi has a safe trip. so boleh lah blog hari2 ek?

Ruby M. said...

kt : awwww..you were hopeless(ly) crying! heheh.. first time kena tinggal memang i resah.. plak tu dok sini, tak bleh nak catch a movie with buddies kan? now, oklah..not bad. i just wonder how salma feels. i think dia macam 'dory' ikan dalam Finding Nemo tu.. she knows in her heart she misses something, in her mind, she dont really know what is it! hehe

ck : waahh u baca my blog 2 hours ah? so oklah, i can pack it up in a book, coffee table gitu! and yes, i know what play that is.. It's called 'A Flight Delayed' with Azean Irdawaty starring in it.

atn : erm..atn, those thoughts do come flying too tau! flight so long, takut lah ..(touch wooood)inshaallah he'll be fine. in fact, he's so dead tired just arrived from Germany this morning, now stucked at Singapore Immigration office for 5 hours already and flying off immediately tonite to India for work. So crazy. but tulah,, nak jadi hero kan ;)

Blabarella said...

Can completely relate. I REALLY don't like it when hubs is away somewhere .. I remember when he used to fly to Yemen, I'd track his flight from KLIA to Changi to Dubai (all 3 have online realtime flight schedules, kan) and then bite my fingernails to a pulp while I wait for him to sms me once he reaches Sana'a in Yemen. When he's around I nag, throw tantrums, mengada, etc - when he's away, I cry and cry and cry. Sad or what? Time to have anak.

Uja said...

think of me sister, think of me....and your heart will light up with how blessed you are ...;)

Kak Teh said...

alamak uja...yes... :(

Ruby M. said...

blaberella..... hehehe.. sama je cerita nye! i sampaikan tak keluar rumah the first day, just so that we remain contactable. muahhaha

uja : alaaaahh ko ni.. tak sempat gue nak melodrama-lah! i hear you sista. inshaallah, one day :) and thanks for the reminder.