
One of my favourite mediteranean delicatessen, the Turkish Dolma or also known in Egypt as 'Mahshi'. There are different variations, but so far I've only come to like my MIL's and my new turkish cleaning lady's recipe. She brought some to me one day for the kids, but it was too good, I almost finished them all but stopped myself and left 4 pieces for Habibi :) He considers 'Mahshi' (the Egyptian name for the dish) his top most favourite food, and finally, I've learnt it!
Here's sharing with you the step by step instructions for the knock-out Mahshi!
View recipe at my daughter's cookbook.

6 comments:
pahit kan those vine leaves?
tak lah pahit sangat.. kalau beli yang dah presoaked, tu lebih pahit, kalau petik sendiri, then rebus, its good. but if dont like vine leaves, boleh replace with cabbage leaves, paprika, aubergines, zucchini instead. :)
sedap tu nek. it's one of my favourite dishes.
sapa cucu ni? bugs bunny yer?
Salaam there,
I actually like to eat mediterannean inspired food but not sure if I would cook this myself. (probably a bit time consuming for me). I believe the greeks also cook this as well as I usually find them at cafes owned by people of greek origins.
salam umm fi_ard, ur right there. the turks and the greeks have much more in common than they care to admit! :D
Post a Comment