It's my birthday week. It's the last year of my 20's life. Nothing significant about this year, except that I just had my beautiful son and enjoying every moment with him and the Binti. Habibi has planned a surprise, which I'm sure takes a lot of effort and 'reminder notes' everywhere so that he could remember he actually had planned one! He said, "Let's not make it a birthday, let's make it a Birthday Week!"..wah.. really? "Let's go out everyday this week until your birthday". Eh, why not! Very gooood. He even offered to have dinner outside everyday..but knowing what little choices we have... I rather we just save that for the Birthday.
I also have this incredible itch to locate my immediate family members. Maybe its the maternal instinct, whatever it is, at least one of us is trying. Daddy doesn't have a number, so I cannot tell him that he now have another grandchild. Actually, 2 more..because my one and only elder sister (from the same parents) has just given birth too. I've been trying all morning to talk to my elder sister, got her once on the line, but it was too noisy, I decided to make the call again using another provider...but till now, I cannot get hold of her again. My family in Singapore informed me that she just gave birth, and after digging into my old emails, alhamdulillah, I found her husband's number that she gave me a long while ago.
Mommy also dissappeared over a year. Numbers are not valid anymore. Why do people change their numbers so often? Alhamdulillah, a kind blogger friend helped me locate someone who might have Mommy's husband's number. (He is kinda known in the Entertainment Industry). I was very excited when I got a reply on the email which includes his mobile number and also email address. I wanted to do both at the same time. I emailed him, updating, summarizing quickly my intentions...but the email was quick to bounce back into my mailbox with a message ' Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently. When I tried calling his mobile I also got a message Nombor yang anda dial, tiada dalam perkhidmatan (The number you called is not in service).
My only consolation today was that my sister has picked up the phone, which means, the number is valid, and I could try again today, everyday, if that is what it takes me to get in touch with her and the rest of the 'family'.
This is the least I could do for myself this birthday.
Love in the tropics: She was just 17, and I fell in love with her!
-
“Well, she was just 17 and you know what I mean, and the way she looks…”so
goes the song by the Fab Four from Liverpool. It was the sixties, The
Beatles ...
9 years ago

9 comments:
Happy birthday, sis, and semoga panjang umur dan murah rezeki.
Selamat menyambut minggu ulangtahun. Semoga kehidupan Rubi & keluarga di rahmati dan di berkati dunia & akhirat.
Rubes, happy birthday. semoga panjang umur dan dimurahkan rezeki. whatever it is your intention for a good cause insya Allah, Allah will help in no time. but after many attempts and still you fail itu juga kehendakNya. The important thing is you have tried. Enjoy this week and the weeks to come!!
happy birthday.
and hope you will get what you wish for this year and every following years...
may Allah bless!
marlina/klmuk/uglybutadorable/azhaida
thanks you all for the birthday wishes :) i just got my sister on the phone, rupanya dia tinggal kat kawasan baru di Shah Alam, so reception talipon masih terok.. alhamdulillah, I got her today and we chatted over 1 hour! I'm so happy to hear her voice again :)
Selamat Hari Jadi Ruby! Semoga panjanag umur dan murah rezeki, InsyaAllah...
Alhamdulillah! Dapat jugak get connected to your sister! Perseverance do pay off doesn't it?! Hope that you will have a magnificent birthday week!
salam MN
Semoga panjang umur and murah rezeki.
Reading this entry makes me feel for you. I took it for granted that I can always call my sis and my parents back home. I wish you the best and may Allah looks after you and your family.
salaam roobz sayang. i just got the gmail notification of ur birthday. many happy returns.may you always be blessed with nur iman and barokah.
padanlah today i was thinking abt you the whole afternoon, wondering if there were any updates on the jejak kasih. tak apa ruby, usaha teras jaya, kay?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! RUBY!!!
May you always be blessed with love, wealth and health!!
Take care babe and babes!
BestWishes
Sharon
Post a Comment