The familiar surroundings seems to greet Binti almost hastily as she freezes in the living room momentarily trying to recall them. I am just happy my living room looks decent enough to spare me from a fatal heart attack and demand a ticket back to Singapore. There are stacks of empty pizza cartons lying in the guest toilet-turned-garbage store room. Laundry also piled up in the bedroom. And more still waiting to be hung in the washing machine which is in our bathroom. Very clever indeed. He hid everything else for later doses of shock.
It's all forgiven though, after seeing how pathetic he became without us. His friend informed us that Habibi would mention how he missed us every 10minutes when he was with Habibi during the weekend. And how every 10 minutes that friend got frustrated with him. Although, freshly returned, I feel happy to be with Habibi again, it is much more fulfilling to see that Binti glides in easily to an environment she most recognized. She is happy again. Smiling again. Joking again. I missed all that about her. My trials to wean her off has to be postponed again as I felt that I owed her at least that to help ease her discomfort in Singapore.
Now back and settled, I kept myself low. A state I find most 'expats' would be in soon after returning from their homeland. It's a state of denial. Disbelieve. I try very hard to keep the momentum and the feelings together, but people has to move on. And although many tears flowed at the airport during my departure, I have come to learn that those tears are now dry. It's another day again, for them and for me. And I'm just so thankful that I'm still loved by so many whose love I reciprocate.
Yesterday, Habibi and I celebrated our 3rd year together as husband and wife. 3 years and there's 3 of us to share this joy. How very lucky we are. Alhamdulillah. The past week we find ourselves locked in embrace as we watch our dear Binti and her antics, making us laugh and hearts filled with happiness each time. We are truly a family, a loving family, and I only pray everyday that Allah will keep the peace and harmony in our family always. There will be tough times, that I know, but I will always want these good times to override those unhappy ones.
And yesterday also marked the day that Binti has been weaned for a whole 24 hours. We're still counting the minutes, but so far it has been successful. Funnily, the event proved more emotional for me than for her. Whilst she was having an afternoon nap, I confessed to Habibi how hard it is for me to be 'useless' to her now. I cannot soothe her when she cries, I cannot feed her when she needs a snack. I beared her tears and appeals as she hopefully points to what she wants with a soft whimper 'that-that'... I cried with her and cried when she wasn't seeing. But I finally made it, it's something I also want in preparation of the next child, yet I feel so bad. Habibi of course was the punching bag for being the evil guy separating us for many nights, as he puts her to sleep to distract her from me.
In 2 weeks inshallah, we will all be dipping our feets in the glorious Red Sea of Hughada and lazing on its white sandy beaches infront of the same hotel where Amr Diab was shaking his bon bons in his video clip for his famous 'Nour El Ain' song. Click here to view and listen to song

I'm sure it will be a good start to a another episode of my adventures as an Egyptian's wife when I am in Giza for 2 weeks after that. Can't say I wasn't distracted with the pampered lifestyle of Singapore and the privacy here in Deutschland. Am I really up to the challenge? I dunno, but I pray that I will be. Let's see.

6 comments:
Happy 3rd anniversary to you and your beloved hubby. May you have more anniversaries to celebrate! :)
Congrats on successfully weaning off S. I know the feeling too...sad and happy/relieved at the same time...for me and Y it was 3.5 years of bfdg. Oh how time flies...
Take care and have fun in Egypt!
Hi Maknenek,
You've come a long way as an Egyptian wife, a departure from the days when both of us are trying to make it in KL, and the overnites at that editing suite in Joo Chiat. Am happy that you are doing so well, and that you are a truly happy and blessed threesome. Happy Anniversary and have a great life... Maria M.
Happy Anniversary!
Happy 3rd Anniversary to the both of u. Semoga mahligai yg terbina akan terus kukuh dan perpanjangan.
Happy Anniversary!! What an interesting life u have! Love reading your blog!! can't wait for ur next entry!
CK : Thanks for the well wishes.
Eh, ur right lah, a lot of mixed feelings. Funny that Salma is much stronger than me. I couldnt resist her when she comes to my arms,but she hardly ask for it anymore! Tapi best gak, now if she comes to hug me, I know its not because of 'that-that!'...hehe..
afzalmom : Mashaallah, i swear i tried to get ur contact info from a friend few months back, but no one mentioned u are in Alabama now. What a small world! I missed u so much! People say, when u think of someone, they probably are thinking abt u too, eh..betul ke ni? hehe..thanks Maria! Keep in touch please!
noha_chomel : thanks! and i still owe u something! my bad, please forgive me!
anita : thanks for the doas! Inshaallah allah makmulkan :)
Ezrynn : thanks for dropping by. Im sure everybody's life is interesting. Im just good at dramatising mine! haha.. Welcome, welcome!
Post a Comment