Tuesday, February 08, 2005

When its just another day...

Hi. I am suffering from blogger's block. Surfing around the other blogs, I noticed daily updates on interesting topics. Whereas, here, I have none to share.

You see, things are back to normal again. Lilah went home. So the past few days have been cleaning up what I couldn't because I was trying to keep my guest happy and busy. Salma wasn't so helpful either. Not used to people other than her mom and dad, she wailed and wanted to be carried all the time. Which is impossible when I'm making buritos or trying to have a conversation whilst shopping. 'Yang ni cantik Lilah'... ('Uweekkkkkkkkkkkk') . When I open my mouth to say something to Lilah, Salma cries. It was really very emotionally taxing those days. Here i was trying to single-handedly entertain my guest, and there was my clingy and upsetted daughter. It was so stressful. However, I suprised myself when I didn't shout or scream at Salma eventhough I was at the verge of going crazy with her crankiness. I'm glad I never did that. I hate mothers who do that to their children, especially in public. Especially the cina ones (back in SG).

Today, is like any other day. Nothing special lined up. Woke up. Spent a bit of time chatting with family in SG and desperately trying to cook at the same time whilst attending to Salma. Husband comes back home for Zuhr and lunch, kitchen is in a mess. Some pots from yesterday still lying around, sprayed some anti-grease foam, perhaps later must remember to scrub their backs well. There is nothing else pending, oh wait..some clothes in the washing machine...I actually plonked in my winter jacket, I hope it will be ok! Maybe got to make a quick dinner later for dear hubby, like..err.. nasi goreng, after replenishing our juices at the nearby supermarket and getting rid of the mountaining recyclables.

I'm too lazy to read any books today. There are at least 5 books besides Al-Quran that I have yet to finish. All of the books are about Children Upbringing. My current thing. Today taught Salma how to play ball. I roll it to her, and then hope that she will roll it back to me. Nope, she just hanged on to it and laughed, with her two front teeth showing. She is going to be 9 months tomorrow. How time flies. In a few short months inshaallah, she will be 1 year old. Aisey man... and I'm already calculating when I should be pregnant next. I don't want to give birth after 32 see. So well, we plan. Allah is the best of all Planners.

I don't really know what I'm feeling today. It's like, I'm not upset nor am I delighfully happy. I'm just..well.. it's just another day lah. Invited some ladies to come over tomorrow for a mean laksa. Beras dah habis, terpaksa masak mee aje. Can do lah.

Ahh..I know.. today is the sort of day where I feel like looking through old albums, listening to Francesca Peters and dipping baguette in assam pedas.. Have u had that sort of a day too?

3 comments:

Kak Teh said...

maknenek, nevermind...Alhamdulillah, I think we both got through our day. Thanks for listening this morning. And I am all the better for that. and maknenek, enjoy the mundaneness of your day now, cos when we start our tv programme again - you'll have no rest. I can assure you that! And by the way, have you started editing????

Ruby M. said...

kak teh.. hubby uninstalled the editing programme sebab dah takde space dah! i will ask him to reinstall this weekend. i cant wait to start work too!

atenah said...

wah mak nenek still young, can call kak nenek or dik nenek