Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Stuck at the Terminal ??!!!

*Gulp* 2005 will be the beginning of the 3rd year in Germany! That can't be true, I just got married like yesterday!!! I was here only last year? No, year before that? Yes? What have I done so far? 2 whole years in Germany and all I can do is order Turkish Döner by myself. This ain't good. I was so concentrated on living in transit, that I didn't realise, the flight may take a short while before it finally arrives...and a short while, maybe a slightly longer one.

No point crying over the 2 years that I've wasted here. It's time to set priorities. No more wasting time. I am not going anywhere, at least, not yet. So might as well start jumping into the soup and get stirred along with it. Anyway, I think i'm missing out a lot already. I stick to the same ol'group of people and do the same ol'thang everyday. I could've taken up that pottery class that I so badly want to learn. And that driving license. But no, because in my head goes "I'm getting out of here anyway whattttt".

Ok. I'm changing my strategy. I will have to finish up my german language course and then start participating actively in the life OUT there. Frankly I'm fed up with conversations by well-meaning friends who starts out in English and then digress into German as the topics gets more interesting. And I, left at the corner, trying to catch a symphatetic glance from my dear husband and hinting at him for some help.

All that will change by this year. I will learn the German language seriously this time. Already enquired abt the Level 2 program and hope they will reply soon. Then, go on with the driving license so I can take Salma to Neubert whenever I like! hehee... Well, there are so many places to go here and I think i should be doing all that. Absorb everything like a sponge whilst I'm still able. New experiences are good for the soul and mind anyway.

Let's see, if i can achieve all these this year...
Three cheers for Ruby!!!
Clap! Clap! Clap!

10 comments:

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

go ruby go!

Kak Teh said...

maknenek, two whole years in Germany and you can only order kebab? Not bad , what! And don't forget - there's Salma!! ...not to mention some fine programmes for our online tv!! I think u are too harsh on yourself. When u are busy cleaning, cooking and tending to the baby, you tend to forget that u have actually acquired a lot...take five minutes and think this over! I think between you and me...we know thatwe have done something!!, Am i right or am i right?

Ruby M. said...

Awww kak teh, you're a great morale booster! hehe..in fact, really glad to have known you, you're such a positive person and you emit that to others around you too. it's impossible to be depress when you're around!

Kak Teh said...

Ehem, ehem!! How long are you going to be stuck at this terminal?

Ruby M. said...

only Allah knows kakz...the plan is 5 years...where the next stop is, we also don't know.

Kak Teh said...

maknenek sorry, but who is kakz?

Ruby M. said...

eh, tu lah pasal dipanggil maknenek kak teh! tersasul pula. entah macamana boleh terpicit z. agaknya dah ngantuk waktu tuu..nak zzzz..hehehe..

Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles said...

a ah siapa kakz tu??

Ruby M. said...

errr..its ok sista... i have german to overcome first, and a few thousand bucks to save up first! :D

atenah said...

guten tag
yes, no matter where we land, live the best life possible