Tuesday, January 11, 2005

My daughter, the one-tooth monster!

As soon as I open my eyes, I realised that a 9kg human like figure was pounding on my stomach and making strange noises too. Sleepily, I picked her up and put it aside. But she didn't give up. She came back. This time with something in her hand and before her hands could land on my face with it, I woke up, carried her with both arms and wrestled with her on my very bed.

That is to me, a great start for a good morning. My little innocent newborn, now, innocent no more, is right now dismantling everything she could reach, and throwing off my dvd's on the floor off the tv rack. Sure that's nothing compared to finding that she is chewing something vigorously in her mouth while I'm trying to remember if I did give her anything to chew? No I didn't - Yikes! I don't want to know what she was chewing, it' s probably some dirt she collected.

As a first time mother, it is only in my natural insticts to wonder what kind of career would best suit her? An engineer like her father? She loves electronics stuffs. What about an ENT Doctor? She seems to locate ours very well and did a great job with her short finger nails. Usually we got away with a scratch or two. No bloody game yet, but I'm not suprise if that will happen. I'm really wondering what about her toys that she dislike? I took pains choosing for her only educational and developmental toys suitable for her age, only to be thrown one side waiting for me to take it out and initiate the play. I even put out toys beyond her age, just to gauge her interest, but she happily threw them at my face, I think that's dissaproval in a nice way.

Yesterday I was trying to hang some laundry... but they seem to dissappear right after I hung them. Aha, my little girl at work. She finds it funny that I start to look for her as soon as I notice something is amiss. The coffee table at the living room has to be removed because it has a glass top. Husband recommends covering it with a blanket underneath a table cloth. I dread to imagine what it will look like. My L-Shape couch has to be turned and pushed back right to the wall to give her more space to roam around. What a big mistake - i'm sure my guests would love to sit there and scrutinize every corner of my house! From the upside-down kitchen to the fungi growing on my windows because of poor ventilation. I made a vow I will change its position everytime a guest arrives. 'Everytime?' asked my husband. Yes, Everytime dear.

It was my mistake she fell off the couch once, twice...erm...3 times, the bed erm,.. 1 time...she turned suddenly and in a matter of seconds, and I will blame myself forever should anything bad happens. Alhamdulillah, Allah is merciful, he has built them fragile, yet strong enough to carry the weight of their own body. So she escaped unhurt in all those times she fell off. But now, she seems to do it deliberately, my dear Salma. I stopped telling my husband about her feats, I think he should be sparred the heart attack.

I have to go now, the monster is destroying yet another part of the house. She hated the german cartoon that was on tv. Who doesn't? hehe..

Have a nice day you all. Me? I'm just gonna be busy chasing this little monster of mine a.k.a the sweetheart, the light of my life.


p.s : I'll let you in on a little secret - I just watched 'cheaper by the dozens' on dvd.. I'm inspired! Can I ever live with a mess and a smile on my face?

2 comments:

Kak Teh said...

Aaaaaah, the joys of motherhood!! I remember loads of moments like that. I even used to wake them up when I came back from work and they were already asleep. Now adays, in the mornings, its us who pounce on them, wrestle with them, and drag them by the necks to do their subuh!!

Ruby M. said...

Erm, kak teh? you call this `joys of motherhood`? I´m only one step away from pulling my own hair. I also have recommended to my husband last weekend that I think he and his daughter should move to the apartment next door, so they can spare the mess in my house! They can come in during feeding time only...hehehe...

It must be so nice having so many children ye kak teh? Inshaallah..kalau ada rezki :)