Friday, May 08, 2015

I'm all about da bass!

Weight is something I struggle with. It has always been since I turned 15 (yes, I'm a late bloomer) and it suddenly matters what size you are wearing. It matters what hairdo, what perfume and I became conscious of even my walk, talk and laugh (I opted for a Hyena screech as a trademark thinking it was oh-so-cool). Damn Puberty!

Many many years on (Add 20 something), I'm still at the weight issue. I've perfected my laugh to a more 'contained' one whilst in public (I still cannot deliver a lady-like one), I don't really care how I look like while walking because my handbag is probably a toddler's pram and I'm sure preying eyes are not interested. And the perfume is now very very very subtle. In fact, it has been reduced to no-fragrance type of deodorant only except when at home. (aligned with the sunnah for perfume for a woman lah)

So this year is the first time I'm actually doing something about it properrry ('properly' for those unfamiliar with singlish). A malaysian sister here who is also a qualified nutritionist wanted to share with some of us (the chosen ones, so proud) about what else, nutrition and taking care of our general wellbeing.  I've gained a lot (waaaaaait for it).... of information and knowledge through these sessions, mashaallah, and I'm not going to lie, keeping up is not an easy matter. Anyhoo, in the beginning of the sessions, we were told to visualise our new self - the one that we have always wanted to be (look like) and keep this vision in our minds till it becomes a reality. This was IS my vision. On Eva Mendes' body.



I printed this picture out and pasted it on my wardrobe, which unfortunately was next to the bathroom - where everyone (in the family) can see, and it was greeted with an "Eeeeeeep! What is that creepy picture mom????" Nice. Very encouraging brood.

I've shared some of these knowledge on my other public blog eatpraylove, meh....I mean www.eatupbehappy.blogspot.com and you are most welcome to read it while I struggle some more and share some healthy recipes up there.

Chammak Chalo! (Whatever that means)



No comments: